This program is a professional, yet easy to use tool for creating icons, cursors, and other small pixelgraphic images.
Why is it recommended for everyone?
– Easy to use, lightweight, requires no installation (portable)
– Supports file drag and drop
– Has multilanguage support (included: English, Chinese, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Spanish)
– Help also available in French, separate download↵- Click here to help us by translating the program
– Sample documents are included
– Uses dynamic color depth: you do not have to specify it explicitly, Greenfish Icon Editor will determine it for you.
Why is it useful and ‘pro’ as an icon editing tool?
– Opens and saves in ICO, CUR, ANI, PNG, XPM, BMP and JPEG formats
– Can create icons and cursors up to 256×256 @ 32-bit, which can also be PNG-compressed for use in Windows Vista(tm)↵- Can create animated cursors↵- Can handle images up to 1024×1024 (the limit can be increased at your own risk)
– Can extract icons and cursors from executable files and icon libraries
– Can batch convert image files to icons, or to another image format
– Has advanced selection handling (marquee, lasso and wand tools, saving/loading selections from files)
– Offers various gradient styles for filling shapes
– Lots of filters including Remove matte, Drop shadow, Inner/Outer glow and Bevel
And, it’s FREE!